My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My very first blog post : )

Wow what a process all of this is, creating a business from scratch, there is so much to it and I feel I've just scratched the surface!  As with everything else in life I am learning as I go and I don't think I could have chosen a more expensive "craft"!  Just when I think I have everything I need, I learn a new technique or discover a new tool or stumble upon a new gemstone I just have to have and it begins anew!  I am certainly not complaining!  I truly enjoy the creation and discovery, but the paperwork and inventory, and having more money going out than coming in!  I fear I will need to get a part-time job soon if things don't turn around and I've only just quit the rat race!  But I digress, I'm 2 years in, surrounded by findings, brain flooded with ideas, and too little time in the days to get it all accomplished!!!  But as my mom reminded me this morning, "you can eat an elephant one bite at a time". So goals, I must set goals and stick to them, and another item is added to the ever-growing checklist as I'm certain you too are all to familiar ; p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3