My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My AH HA moment...

This was my ah ha moment;  I received an email containing this video http://youtu.be/-GCm-u_vlaQ from etsy, the server where I've set up shop to sell my jewelry.  It was like Derek Sivers got into my head,  somehow pulled this out, and made me see my obstacle in a way that would render it an obstacle no more!!!  I'm not being full of myself here, believe me, but before I saw this and my family or friends would tell me that my "stuff" whether decorating, jewelry, ideas, or whatever is amazing I just wrote it off! Of course they're going to say that, they are my family/friends they are supposed to say that, it's really nothing special!  I surrender to it now, I mean really what do I have to lose!  If you like my "whatever" and it makes you smile, fantastic, I'm elated we can connect in that way!  And if not, that's okay too.  I may not be for everyone, but I am liked by some, and for that I am thankful!!!   We have all been given the gift of a talent and it is our responsibility in life to discover it and nurture it and be the absolute best at it we can be!  Maybe this can help you realize your "stuff" IS special too : )

Check out my wares ~ www.SSMDesign.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3