My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trust...

I have to learn to trust my instincts and end this internal battle I wage every time I need to order more supplies!  For me it's true what they say, "old habits die hard"!  I was taught growing up the old adage "waste not, want not", so every time I have an idea for a new design (and they are becoming increasing more elaborate with much more expensive findings) I question the supply order and my gut feeling that this new piece will be a hit!  Case and point, my most recent design "Sands of Time ~ Diamond (or sand) Filled Shake Necklace".  I've participated in two craft shows since its inception and it has been my best seller, so why do I keep doing this to myself!?!  I am making a vow to myself that it ends today!!!  I AM placing my orders TODAY!!!  End of story!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3