My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Too Good Not To Share!

 I know this is pretty far outside the content of my normal posts, but this shepherd's pie recipe (from Martha Stewart's everyday food mag.) is too amazing not to share!  It's really quick to make with very little clean-up and tastes INCREDIBLE!!!  I took a few shortcuts and made a couple of changes that I'll share because time is an issue for me.  The recipe calls for mashed potatoes (as the crust/topping) and to save time and hassle I used the Simply Potatoes brand of pre-made mashed potatoes, one because they are quick and easy (these are a staple in my household, I always have them in the fridge) and two 'cause they're natural (no high fructose garbage or partially hydrogenated bull sh*t).  It also calls for a frozen veggie mixture and I recently discovered the Publix "casual + light" mix (a great combo of fresh frozen corn, green beans, peas, carrots, and limas) I use this for my pot pies too : )  For the onion I also used frozen (we always have these in the freezer too since a whole "sweet" onion is usually too much for one recipe, so we simply chop and freeze the excess).  Thyme is another ingredient, one that I did not have in my pantry, so I used Herbs de Provence of which the first ingredient is thyme, it gave it a lovely sweetness and depth of flavor that really added a nice balance to the dish!  You can also make this ahead and heat later!  I will definitely be making this recipe again and again!!!  Enjoy : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3