My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Loss of Brilliance

The world lost a true visionary yesterday in Steve Jobs!  I find myself mourning the loss of a man I never met, but feel I know, at least a little.  As I type this entry on my MacBook with plans in the very near future to purchase an iPhone, I realize how much his body of work makes my work and life easier everyday!  As a very right-brained person Macs just make sense and anyone who owns one will tell you the same!  They come with a very small manual, which you really never need to open because all of it's functions work the way you think they should.  I find it interesting that Apple stock has been on such a roller coaster ride since his announcement to step down, how the thinking could be that Apple and it's innovative technology would cease to move forward without him at the helm!?!  Do people really think that such a genius would leave without first setting Apple's future in motion!?!  Steve Jobs was one man, one brilliant man who no doubt surrounded himself with genius to take his dreams to an infinite future of incredible advancements in technology!!!  Thank you Steve Jobs and all the minds of Apple for constantly transforming the world as we knew it for the better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3