My Story

I'm a girl from a small town in Ohio living in a beautiful coastal town in Florida. I'm married to my very supportive high school sweetheart and we have a beautiful fur baby, Hula. I studied interior design in college and after several career reincarnations I am now here, living the unexpected life of jewelry designer and absolutely LOVING it!!! This blog chronicals my journey through this wild and exhilarating and sometimes exasperating world of jewelry making from idea to fruition!

My art is available at Old Florida Gallery and Outdoor Center in Englewood Florida

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fascinating How The Stars Align

I find it truly fascinating how the events of life align without us even knowing it's happening, until there you are down the avenue of time and it clicks!  You realize all of these experiences, some good and some bad, happened for a reason to lead you where you needed to be right when you needed to be there!  The people we meet in a random conversation, the places we discover when we think we are lost, are all leading us somewhere.  I believe in free will, but I also think that destiny, or the universe, or God, or whatever you call it plays a big roll in our journey through life!  Last night as I lay in bed I was thinking back to exactly where this chapter of my life began and realized that I don't think there is one particular point in time,  everything flows together.  From the jewelry store I worked in during the holiday season to be able to afford incidentals while in unpaid training for the airlines.  The brief job at the estate and coin shop with a friend of the family after I had to quit what I thought at the time was my dream job in interior design.  To the girl next to me in the security line at the airport, as I was so frequently was during my job of the past 6 years working auto shows.  A quick glance was all it took and I was fixated on the stunning necklace she wore.  Dragonflies are my totem and this piece carried so many of the elements I adore!  I had to know where I could get one of my own and thus began a months long and very frustrating search that eventually lead me to Etsy.  I didn't have much to go on, as she couldn't remember exactly where she'd purchased it, only that the designer was from California and it was made of copper, but I did find that necklace and where it to this day : ).  So you just never know how what may seem like an inconsequential moment in life is pivotal.  Etsy allows people all over the world to discover my work!  So to that girl in the security line I say thank you for being brave enough to talk to a complete stranger and for sharing your knowledge!  And to that designer in California, who has sadly closed her shop at least for now, thank you for creating such beautiful designs!  And to Etsy, an enormous thank you for helping me get my work out there for the world to find!!!  From daily experience we glean little bits of knowledge that we apply to our lives and livelihood!  So tread lightly and be kind, you never know who you'll need or where you'll be when your moment arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Tell me what you're thinking : )

UA-17231022-3